Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 I need some fellowship
Today, as usual, I went to Therapy, but it was not “the usual” day that I had planned or expected!

In Physical Therapy I was told that I could no longer come 3 times a week. I was cut down to twice a week and told that they would look at it again at the end of May and I might be discharged. I also got the strong impression that I would never receive my walker for home.

In Occupational Therapy, I was also cut back to twice a week, and told for sure that I would be discharged at the end of May.

So, of course I didn’t feel good and I left Therapy for my ride home. But as usual they weren’t there yet so I went outside. Out there, I decided to take this wheelchair ramp in the parking lot down to the lot. Then! Unbeknownst to me, I was actually not right by the ramp, so I drove right off the curb (which scared me) and into a parking space (no car there, Thank God) and actually fell out of my chair. Some very nice adults helped me to get my chair beside me, to sit up, then to stand up and get back into my chair. Once I got in my chair I realized that my right arm was badly scraped up, so it had to be cleaned and bandaged.

Whew! What a day! What I believe I really need from you is some real good old fashioned Christian fellowship from you all, maybe through email or phone calls, but I just need to get beyond this day.

No comments: