Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Saturday, April 14, 2007
I went to visit Mark again today, the same man that I messaged you about last Saturday, and when I first got here he was visiting with someone else in his room. I apologized and immediately left and prayed. But when I went out front (for what I thought was going to be a long time ALONE) there he was and HE APOLOGIZED and I realized Boy The Lord Is Good! So I pulled my chair up next to his and immediately began to think about what I had prepared for him, said another prayer and I read to him the following verses:
(this was to give him a much more firm foundation with Gods word)
1 Thess 4:8
8 If you disregard this advice, you're not offending your neighbors; you're rejecting God, who is making you a gift of his Holy Spirit.
(and this one was to give him a firm foundation as to why it’s critical to follow God’s will)
Heb 10:26-31
26 If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice 27 and are left on our own to face the Judgment — and a mighty fierce judgment it will be! 28 If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, 29 what do you think will happen if you turn on God's Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit? 30 This is no light matter. God has warned us that he'll hold us to account and make us pay. He was quite explicit: "Vengeance is mine, and I won't overlook a thing," and, "God will judge his people." 31 Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me.
And I told him that I had looked up REPUDIATE in my dictionary and it meant to cast something off or to refuse to have anything to do with something or to refuse to acknowledge something. So that if he failed to acknowledge this, the he would repudiate.

I told him that I wanted to know him forever in Heaven. That it is a real place, and then I asked him if he was OK with us praying together, and he said “yes”, so I led us in an involved prayer.
Then we sat silently for about 2 hours and he went back into the facility before my bus came, which was OK, I would just like to ask you to pray for him and for me.

A Servant for Christ,

Toby

No comments: