Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 Never Again
Today was as beautiful as any other day-God was with me. I knew it and appreciated from the moment I woke up. What a wonderful way to start the day!
At around 11:30, I went to therapy and that, of course, was another series of blessings from God. I first had Occupational Therapy and I made Basketti and we (including me) had it for dinner at home, but in Therapy she told me that I could never cook again. So here’s the recipe:
Basketti

1 large jar of Prego with meat
2 cans of Tomato sauce
4 small cans of Tomato paste
1 lb of very lean hamburger
1 container of extremely thin pasta (Vermicelli)
Pepper
Garlic salt
Oregano
Sweet basil

In a large pan, pour in Prego sauce and add Tomato sauce and paste. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tbsp. of crushed Oregano and 2 tsps. of crushed Basil and taste; if necessary add more Oregano and more Basil 1 tsp. at a time until it tastes Italian. Set pan to warm and cook the ingredients; cover if necessary.

In another pan cook the hamburger into very small bits until it is done. When it is done, thoroughly drain it, if necessary, and add it to the pasta sauce.

To cook the pasta, bring water (per instructions on the container) to a boil and add the pasta and cook until Al-dente. When complete, thoroughly drain and set aside.

To serve, put cooked Pasta onto plate. Put pasta sauce on top. Enjoy!


Remember this! Tasting the sauce is the key to your success. Taste it at each stage and you will serve a
successful dish. The recipe is very helpful, but it cannot possibly accommodate all tastes.


I’m not kidding, this was good beyond my wildest dreams, and to think that I remembered I used to make this years ago and my now 22 year old son used to call it Basketti.
Anyways, then I went on to Physical Therapy and my day just got better so all I could (or want to) do is praise God!

A Servant for Christ,

Toby

No comments: