Sunday, November 05, 2006

I was listening to a Rich Mullins CD this morning and one of the songs was something that I thought you'd appreciate, so I typed it out for you:

Growing Young

I've gone so far from my home,
seen the world and I have known,
so many secrets, I wish I did not know,
cuz they've, crept into my heart,
and they've left it cold and dark,, bleeding and falling apart,

But everybody used to tell me BIG BOY'S DON'T CRY,
And I've been around enough to know that that was a lie,
cuz I've seen the tears in the eyes of a thousand prodigal sons,
they are children of old,
they have sinned and grown old,
but the father still waits and watches down the road,
to see the crying boys come running back to his arms,
they're growing young'

I have attached the song for you.

This reminds me of the parable and my poster (Rembrandt's "Prodigal Son").

I hope you like it.



A Servant for Christ,

Toby

No comments: